Remember the new post are at the top,so read from the bottom up it won't take long to catch up.

Click on the photo's to enlarge then.

Please feel free to leave a comment.




Monday 22 February 2010

Credit where its Due

Before i get into this i want all to know that im no ass licker, im not after any brownie points, alot of companys get bad press and the good things they do get shadowed,and i did mention right at the beginning this is about what happens to me, not about the company that i work for,but i do think its quite relevent for what im about to say.I sent a message back to our office over a week ago to ask them i need to get back home by the 25th as my wife flys in that evening Please,now at this time im on my way to Calgary so it isn't as if im just around the corner(probably over 3000 mile away).I haven't had contact with anyone except load offers etc,so while im sat in Winnipeg awaiting another load i started to plan ahead also realising that i will need to take a reset of 36 hrs on the way back as well,im now starting to think this is going to get a bit tight but i await.My load offer arrives a load out of Jamestown North Dakota for Moncton New Brunswick which is about 2 hrs from PEI for thursday morning what a result,this couldn't have been better if i tried to do it myself, so i thank the guys for sorting this out for me, i haven't had to badger whine or anything else.I need to enter the USA empty, now i haven't done this before so i send a message with regards what paperwork should i present at the border,well i wasn't expecting the reply,just turn up there and tell them what your doing and you will be fine was the answer.Now im thinking oh yeah that sounds right, seeing what ive come across in the past, if i do that im going to end up with a full body and internal search,(no sir they really are piles)sorry !!! anyway i thought i would create my own document, i need to have something so after a bit a creativity i ended up with a trip sheet and off i went slightly nervous i must admit.I arrived at the Border crossing at Emerson Mb and presented to the very nice lady my Fantastic document,and then babbled of some lame excuse that i haven't crossed Empty before.I think she was well impressed at my handiwork because she just kept turning it over and over,looking it over and over again.After a little consoltation i was told to go over to the xray machine then back on to the bays behind the building when finished, then report to the office when i had done that (she kept hold of my passport)oh no i thought shall i get the vaseline out cos those hands off hers looked really big.I was told to sit in the corner this might take some time, I wasn't on my own here so i felt slightly releaved.After a cab search i was handed my passport back and was told to Have a nice day, in which i did with slight releavement.So i headed for Jamestown which is a small town between Fargo and Bismark,where i stayed that night,I loaded handy in the morning they even had a weigh bridge there so i could make sure everything was good to go,back to the truckstop to fax all paperwork through to the broker, then i was off i wanted to get to Toronto Sunday evening.I crossed North Dakota into Minnesota,then into Wisconsin where i parked up just before the state line with illinois for the night.Next morning i planned to skirt around Chicago this time, i made the mistake last time of travelling through it and the traffic was horrendous, so ignoring Mr Tom i kept on straight down the i39 to the i80 which kept me well clear,leaving illinois and entering Indiana before Driving into michigan and heading for Detriot, the bridges on the Heighway seem to get lower and lower one at 13-6 im expecting some skimming at any moment but we were good.To enter into canada you have to go over The Ambassador Bridge then you come up to the check points there must have been about 20 trucks in front and only 2 points open, derr!!.It certainly reminds you off home when you head out of Windsor the signs were for Tilbury, Chatham, London,have ive been teleported back to the M25, no we weren't in a traffic jam phew!!!I parked in Milton just outside Toronto,nice little place with free internet and ready for a quick off in the morning to beat the Toronto rush week.Heading out of Toronto for Montreal, i must admit i started to feel a bit down and maybe a little homesick, this is probably the first time ive missed home,i miss not being in the local with my mates, i miss not being around my family i even nearly started to miss the mother in law,OMG what is up with me,maybe after so many drab, grey, foggy, snowy days have taken its toll.I stop at Belleville for diesel,this place isn't the most upto date place i have been to and the actually showers might not be the newest, but it is probably the best one i have ever had, the jet is so strong its like having a message.Feeling fully refreshed im now ready to tackle the Montreal traffic man the guys there do like to weave in and out you really need to be on your toes they come at you from all angles (maybe they take there driving test in Paris).I wanted to get to the Irving at St Liborie for my reset where its clean and free internet (have you noticed a pattern free, free, free)But also it only leaves me with a 10 hour drive to Moncton and a very nice drive it is as well.So im all set to be back on P E i thursday and truly it can't come quick enough.

6 comments:

  1. lol, I like the story about crossing at Emerson empty. Your dispatch were right mate, you dont need anything apart from your passport and had you done that you wouldn't have been inspected, lol. Glad they are getting you home in tme, enjoy it mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Dom,
    Hope you have a nice time while ur wife is there.
    Hope she's enjoy's her Holiday.. All the best TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it all goes with out a hitch mate and your wife arrives safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave sometimes the obvious is a little to OBVIOUS, its all part of the learning curve i suppose,thanx
    Thanx chris and tony hope you are well
    Rgds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dom,
    Dave hensons wife here, your latest blog made me smile, hope your time with your wife does not go too quick, Dave's on same flight as your wife I believe, when he gets there, look after him for me lol, take care. Jane & co

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane,thanx for the message i know what you and your family are going through, it is hard but hopefully it will be worth it for you,i will look after him lol but im not wiping his bottom, hope you have sent him over here fully toilet trained.Look forward to meeting you when you get over here.If there is anything i can help with please let me know.
    All the best Dom

    ReplyDelete