Remember the new post are at the top,so read from the bottom up it won't take long to catch up.

Click on the photo's to enlarge then.

Please feel free to leave a comment.




Wednesday 28 July 2010

Happy Holidays

I wanted to go back out Sunday but unfortunately i had to wait till monday,due to the fact i had a meeting with the PNP girl.All this went well i now have in my possession all my docs plus my pnp letter to submit,hopefully this should also allow The Fresh Prince to get an open work visa as well as LadyPen so we will see if that is the case when we come back in September.Work rang me asking if i could come in straight away as they had my load already in the yard for Toronto, that makes a nice change,well it was sort of my load i had to do a change over in New Brunswick with a guy who had loaded mine for the US (he had just sent his passport off so had to stay in Canada).Give me the US anytime i much prefer running down there than over to Ontario.My delivery of Fish was just south of Boston a place called Taunton.Now i hadn't done much around this area until recently but since the fish deliveries have started it seems that its become very regular, alot of the drops are actually in the city centre so you get to see how nice Boston is, i really like it and have made a note Definately one to visit.(Just check out the picture of the advirtisement hoarding outside the Boston Red Sox Baseball Stadium, this was taken on a previous trip).Delivery completed very quickly i was asked to make my way down to New Jersey ready for loading in the next day,i headed down the i95 into Rode Island ive not been here before (its not an island so not sure where the name came from)everything was going to plan until i hit the Bronx just before the George Washington Bridge there had been an accident which resulted in massive tailbacks and due to the extreme temps (early to mid 40's) they are having on the east coast at the moment meant my little old truck was struggling to keep its temp down, eventually 2 hours later im heading south down the NJ Turnpike then realising im seriously low on fuel (my load was heavy so i ran down with just enough fuel to get me down here)i forgot all about this minor thing DIESEL, derrrrr (mainly because i fuel in either New Brunswick or down in Bangor)why is it when the needle is low we start to tap the gauge is this a magically way of fueling up,well it didnt make a difference so having a quick look at my fuel book its telling me the nearest point is about 75 miles away from where i am and 90 to where im actually going,now this was squeaky bum time.I used to always run out in the car but never done it in a truck, i can only imagine how the phone call goes to the Boss and the reply that follows,one saving grace is that ive got a reefer so if i had a tube and a jerry can i could syphon some out of that tank, unfortunately i had niether.Well here goes i haul my ass down the Turnpike then actually forgot about the junction i was taking until i went passed it, NOOOOO.I was enjoying the sun and all that goes with it, nod, nod, wink, wink (i know im a dumb ass but we can't all be perfect)i made it to Carneys point NJ on fumes and very relieved i was to see the sign welcoming me on the horizon.My reload was out of Delaware a town called Laurel just of hwy 13 i had heard a few stories about the length of time they take to load here so i was fully prepared (or so i thought).After tracking the girl down she made a load plan asked me to follow her down to the loading bay and immediately they start loading watermelons on me,i was told they were waitng for a bus load to come in to complete my load (2 pallets),they load old school buses up in the fields then palletise them in the produce market,so i decided i would get a little sleep,the next thing i knew was the motion of someone in the trailer nice one i thought the rest of my load has arrived,well no it hadn't the girl had got my load mixed up, they were unloading it all and i had to go down to a farm in Maryland where my load was.Ok things not going to plan but with directions in hand off i head down to Hebron which is a small vilage on hwy 50 west of Salisbury,now anyone who has done these loads out of farms etc will know that there not the best places to load, some very tight narrow roads and god help you if you either miss your turning or go past the place which is very easily done as signs are pretty much non existent, i went straight passed the old oak tree with a yellow ribbon on it, but luckily realised and only had to reverse back about 2 miles (Lol).But my luck was to continue as soon as i backed onto the loading bay the guy there was already bringing my stuff out, to the amazement of another driver who was parked by the side of me, he had been there nearly 36 hours and still hadnt got one pallet (i know how that feels).Loaded up i head for Canada,the load was going to Kitchener, ON for the next morning i missed my delivery time by about 4 hours but was sorted out straight away which was sound.Now on my way up im listening to the radio and i always listen to Chris moyles on Radio 1 they were stuffing themselves with loads of crap food,this inturn gave me a yearning for a Maccys so off i shot around the corner for some crap but actually quite enjoyable mush (its only once in a while so please forgive me).My reload came as im devouring my double big mac (well if your going to eat crap its got to be the big one)a load out of Cambridge back to Moncton so i made my way down there not expecting to much,well i was pretty lucky it only took them a couple of hours to load me, and im away leaving everyone else who had been there longer than me still twindling there thumbs.My delivery is for sat morning then its back to the island for me ready for the BIG Off,Yes its that time im off back to Blighty next week it feels kinda strange now, ive been wanting it to come for so long, thinking that its taking forever yet now ive started to look back i can't believe how fast my time has gone here.Ups and downs ive had many as im sure everyone is aware but the good does certainly out weigh the bad,things are going to be different when i come back,as mentioned The Fresh Prince will join me till Christmas, but not only that i will not be returning to the Sunny King, Myself The Elder Statesman and the Welsh Wizard have rented a Chalet just out of town till next may so we will finally have a home. Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment