Remember the new post are at the top,so read from the bottom up it won't take long to catch up.

Click on the photo's to enlarge then.

Please feel free to leave a comment.




Sunday 14 March 2010

Disaster At Walmart (Well Nearly)

My plan was to meet up with another driver to do a change over, then go and load in Cambridge Ontario (its about 1hr from where i was due to change over).After discussing with my planner what time he would be there, i decided i had enough time to go shopping, so off to Walmart i go.Now my role in this shopping game is pushing the trolley around under duress, huffing and puffing while Lady Pen meanders through the aisles picking what she wants etc, and maybe i offer the odd comment about how much she is spending, this normally falls on deaf ears.Now im on my own i have to multi task,not only do i have to push the trolley around i have to pick the things i think i need off the shelf, how difficult can it be, i seen it done a thousand times.So off i go with all the saturday morning shoppers, its a bit like that program that used to be on with Dale Winton Supermarket sweep or something like that (not that i used to watch it i just remember seeing it on once) people running around like mainiacs, me on the other hand was glently gliding around like a pro, piece of cake.I get to the drinks and because there were quite a few people around pushed my trolley to the side and went to grab a couple of bottles of pop,putting them into the trolley of i trotted on my merry way.I continued putting stuff in from the next aisles, it wasn't until i actually looked down into the basket thing that i thought something didn't look right,i really don't remember picking that item up i thought, then after closer examination the realisation that most of the stuff in this trolley wasn't mine (i really dont have any need for Tampax),Ive only waltzed off with the wrong trolley OMG!!!!!!! so i shot off back around the Aisles to try and locate where it all went wrong,there was my trolley alone and looking sad and abandoned.I started to put my stuff into it quick before someone came, but as i was doing this a woman came around the corner looking all harrased,after sort of explaining to her that it was a mistake, she was relieved that she didn't have to start shopping again, making my appologies i quickly scarpered.The best thing about the shopping over here they pack for you as they scan at least i can't get that wrong all i have to do is put the loaded bags back into the trolley.I head to the parking lot,now i have a problem when i go and park my car in these parking lots,it just disappears, i have spent ages walking up and down searching for it, its the best camouflaged car i know,Lady Pen just laughed at me when i was telling her this the other day when we had gone into town until it disappeared, we spent ages looking for it (maybe its because off our age)anyway today i don't have this problem my vehicle is a 75' red and white truck it sort of stands out a bit.It doesn't matter where you are over here its very common to see trucks in the shopping parking lots,i head over to where it is in the driving wind and rain, pack the truck up and set off for my c/o at Brampton.Luckily the guy had just arrived so after all the pleasentries i head off with an empty trailer for Cambridge,there is no point rushing there as you are always waiting hours to load even if they put you on a bay straight away,this was another thing that Lady Pen couldn't get her head around.

2 comments:

  1. That is funny, I thought you were going to get blocked in by cars. Nice 1 keep it up mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dave you know the parking lot can be completely empty and they have to park close to you.
    Hope your good

    ReplyDelete