Remember the new post are at the top,so read from the bottom up it won't take long to catch up.

Click on the photo's to enlarge then.

Please feel free to leave a comment.




Thursday 18 March 2010

Work Work Work (Well a little play as well)

I got to my delivery, as i was just backing on to a bay, i get an urgent message that there had been a breakdown and could i drop my tralier and go and do a 3 drop load,now i know who was supposed to do this,it was joe he was telling me on the run down from Montreal,so off i go and after not spotting a 53'orange container i spent 1/2 half looking for it (thick ed)i set off, they were all local drops 1 in Dieppe,1 in Amherst Nova Scotia and 1 in Summerside PEI,but the only problem with this load is that it is handball but you do get paid to do this so its not to bad and it doesn't actually take that long.When i get back to the yard and go through all the defects on the truck, off i go for a nice day off.I had arranged to meet up with joe and go and pick up his new washer and dryer so happy to obliged, job done he then set off in the kitchen a made as what only can be descibed as very very nearly the best spag boll ive ever had, i say my farewells and off i go and very happy and very full, ready for a full nights sleep.Now before i came over here i was very active, i was at the gym most nights i would run on the treadmill for upto 15 miles ending up with the nickname by my nephew (uncle Hampster) then do a full workout i would do road running in the spring,summer.autum,so as you would imagine crappy fast food was pretty much never on the menu.I vowed that when i came here im not slipping down that road, that is easier said than done i have to admit that i have indulged in what can be described as cardboard food once or twice,so having another day i get my new trainers, shorts and t shirt and head off to a gym that i found, well its so much better than the one i used to go to.I haven't done ant sort of running since i came here, i know from previous experience it doesn't take long to get out of shape so after a rather disappointing 6 miles i head off for a full workout (im really paying for it now)will definately start getting back into some sort of routine.The truck stops over here are pretty good they have all these facillities but the don't have any sort of gyms which would be pretty good if this was introduced, instead of more fast food crap places.I nip into work and see my truck is still in the shop it really was poorly so after a bit of discussion with my planner i told him that i would be happy to take the next day off as well that would be 3, mainly because i was asked by a new driver who has just come over if i fancied going into town for a few drinks for St patricks day i off course accept always up for a good time.They celebrate this day quite extensively over here and i felt it would be rude if quite a few guinness didn't pass my lips.So i head out Friday morning for Chicago, that should take me up to next thursday/ friday which is good as my son flys in Saturday.So now im going to enjoy the sunshine and have a chill out day and try and recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment