Remember the new post are at the top,so read from the bottom up it won't take long to catch up.

Click on the photo's to enlarge then.

Please feel free to leave a comment.




Sunday 21 March 2010

Summer Temperatures

The trip i was due to do was changed infact i was asked if i could run the previous evening with it,having said yes i was told not long later that i couldn't due to non inspection as it was late loading so it would be the morning, not a problem it is only a quick jaunt to New Jersey its just over 14 hours drive and as it was a mid sat morning tip i wasn't in any kind of hurry,good job really maybe, cos i had a few days off i think this made me so tired, it wasn't long after i had gone over the bridge that my eyes started to retract.I always had a snooze in the uk but since coming here i have been fine maybe age is catching up,a quick stop at Salisbury i was all refreshed.Straight down to Houlton to enter the USA then i can use my phone to ring Lady Pen hands free off course.I asked a couple of months ago on here about ways of contact and i think it was Mick who pointed me in the direction of the Net 10 phone, i bought this phone for $24.95 and got 300 minutes calling credit, thats if your calling anyone in the States, but if you register it for international calls you can ring England landline numbers for 15 cents a min, im having some of that i thought, so i can chat for ages for a very reasonable price, i love the network it has pretty much been problem free where ever i have been not losing signal at all,it makes the distance between us very small,just a quick chat helps me feel that the family are not far away.Now the clocks have gone forward the nights are longer so it nice to see places in daylight, there are roads i have only travelled at night and with the sun shinning the drive was tranquil.I made it to my delivery in Newark this was the place i took my load to after the Goshen incident, the guy there is nice eand it wasn't long until i was tipped.I headed off down to Carneys Point a regular haunt for us,my load came through, a reload in the morning a load of mushrooms out of Pennsylvania for Toronto that will do.About 10 miles from Delaware i get a message any chance i can reload today out of Wilmington for a delivery in Ajax Ontario for tomorrow a quick calculation i greatly accepted,off i headed to the port where i bought myself a TWIC card $25,the place was deserted, so after a quick load of grapes i headed for the flying j.I weighed off and then realised im over on the axles so a little shuffty with Tamdems this was soon rectified, what a load of mither doing all this, this was the first time ive done this on my own but all ended well.I wanted to have my time off then run all the way up into Canada so it was a quick shower then some early afternoon shut eye.Now through the winter i run the engine due to the cold there isn't a tri pack on this truck, well now im running it for the aircon, the temp went up to 28c. I thought that can't be right but having asked a couple of drivers around and also the scorching heat outside sort off confirmed this.My route was a new one for me entering Canada at Alexandria Bay this is where the 1000 islands are (we normally enter through Niagra).Ive seen piccys of the islands and it looks stunning so i was pretty gutted that once again im going to do a border crossing at night,Then i pull up to the Toll booth, part with $11 and now im thinking they must be kidding i have to go up this one,this looks like its made from Mechano, (Last week every bridge we went over Lady pen put her head in her hands as not being a lover of them) but no thats the way, now my stomach is turning over anyway over i go (glad it was at night), pleased thats out of the way only to be met with another the same, about 5 miles down the road then an acute left hand bend at the bottom, good planning.I get to my delivery to be told to park up on the waiting lot and they will call me, so not one who turns an opportunity of grabbing a little sleep i oblige,20 mins later i get a call,i really don't know why, they sit me on the bay for 4 hours before they even attempt to unload then i think they handballed it for the length of time it took.I already had my reload offer and even a trailer number (This means its already Loaded) so i set off only to be told on arrival it was at another depot, which is where i asked? i think some people just assume that being a driver you actually know everywhere in the World, and are a bit put out when you explain that what they are telling you just sounds like Blah Blah Blah.So after countles wrong turns i back track and fianally find the Wharehouse after a quick explanation of what i have to do i set off too dump my empty tralier and pick my loaded one up, easy enough !!! well maybe its me or its because these trucks are a lot longer but i think the parking areas over here seem alot tighter, they really cram the traliers together, struggling even to get down the side to wind the legs up just so i can move forward a little to finish of, then taking a few shunts just to get out.I wanted to head out of Toronto then park up so i set off going past the airport, where some goon decided that he was in a life a death situation nearly wiping about 4 vehicles out, oh how i laughed about 10 mins later on the highway there was the goon on the hard shoulder with a nice guy in uniform there is a god.

No comments:

Post a Comment