Remember the new post are at the top,so read from the bottom up it won't take long to catch up.

Click on the photo's to enlarge then.

Please feel free to leave a comment.




Friday 12 March 2010

Trucking Ell

Nice uneventfull run down to Maine spring is definately in the air the suns shinning and the temp is rising.I ran through New york state before entering Pennsylvannia,it was here where i stopped for a while,not to go into to much graphic detail i had to use the kazi, well unfortunately i only find out after my deed that the toilets had water problems (there wasn't any there so i couldn't flush) as i scuttled out sheepishly i could here the janitor honking, sorry mate !!!!! This took me back to the time when we were on vacation in Florida a couple of years back, Not mentioning any names (lady pen)blocked up the toilet, after calling the reception a Mexican who couldn't understand English came over with a new toilet roll, well the only way to explain to him what the problem was to show him. Nice, unfortunately i wasn't anywhere to be seen (i was under the duvet laughing)she did a great job explaining.Staying on the egde of lake Erie for the night left me a bit of a trek for the next day so i was up bright and breezy heading for Columbus then Cincinatti where you enter Kentucky.I get to my delivery half an hour before my booking in time (so i thought) i handed my notes to the guy on the fork truck he gave me a bay, i was just backing on to it when another guy (Gerald)came out howling at me to stop,after a little descusion i was informed i was early yeah, 24 1/2hrs early.I was blocking the yard off so i just backed onto the bay door to get out the way.Now the best thing to do in this situation is to put the kettle on and have a brew so i sat there in the sunshine having a brew (how very English).I fell asleep the next thing i knew was a big thud in the back they had started to unload me. Result.I went in to find my mate Gerald after i had been tipped to thank him, i think he was a bit taken back, i shook his hand and said my goodbyes, im sure there was little tear in the corner of his eye, till we meet again mate.I already had my reload offer through, it was only 10 mins down the road, unfortunately the road i wanted to take was blocked by a skip wagon who had decided he didn't like the skip he was carrying and wanted to get shut of it anyway poss.Now this is where Sat Navs become a pain, the thing was trying to re route me down little suburban streets, these trucks aren't really made to go down these well after taking out 4 cars and 2 lampposts (well nearly anyway)i got to my pick up place.I really wouldn't want the girls job at that place, there must of been 20 drivers waiting to load and tip she was on her own and the grief she was getting was unreal.I sat outside in the sun while waiting to load which didn't take long( i was pretty much loaded within 45 mins)the temp had crept up to 21c proper weather. The load was meat heading for Montreal,ive not Hauled meat before Bloody eck there is loads of paperwork which goes with it for customs etc.I worked out i could just make it just passed Cincinatti before my time was up.A quick shower something to eat,fax the paperwork to the broker then off for some shut eye,now when i fax my notes i dont normally put my phone number on the sheet, but i did this time, i was woken up about 1 hr later, its the broker saying that i need to fax some more paperwork, i get dressed set foot out the truck well its like a monsoon and here was me running across the parking lot in shorts, Derrr.I set off for Detriot where i was to cross back into Canada, i have never been over the Ambassador Bridge which you have to cross to enter into Windsor in the daylight it has always been at night, again this crossing was at night so nothing new here i would like to get a few pictures in daylight at some point.Paperwork stamped off i headed for Toronto this is where it all went Pear shape, i got a blow out which also punctured the airbag on the trailer, i managed to get off the highway onto a quiet slip road where i spent the next 3 hours.The guy bodged it up so i could get to the service centre down the road where i spent another 2 hours oh well (then i realised this happend about an hours drive on the same highway where i had my last breakdown)spooky.I wasn't going to make my delivery now so i was ask to Park up in Milton That will do for me, Free internet!!!.So now after a bit of Corrie im going to do a change over in the morning then reload for Moncton,at least i will get a few more miles this week.

3 comments:

  1. What a saddo Dom, watching Corrie!
    That looks like the episode where Fizz gets run over and killed.
    Keep the stories and pics coming.
    Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mick i never watch it honest, i like the episode where Dierdre and Ken are in the rovers with Blanch having a drink then Janice comes running in telling them about Peter and lieanne,Anyway like i said i never watch it and dont even know who is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you need a memory transplant, it was you who blocked the toilet in florida not lady pen, and you were hiding under the duvet to ashamed to face the poor guy who had to shift your s....t. as we can all see now, there is no change, your still blocking the loo. x

    ReplyDelete